Open Source Silverlight Charts Visifire now supports Silverlight 2!

Chirag

Hi,

Visifire now works with Silverlight 2. In fact no changes were required to port Visifire from
Silverlight 2 RC0 (Visifire v1.5.0 was released recently to developers with Silverlight 2 RC0 compatibility).

All live examples in the website are successfully tested against Silverlight 2.
Download your copy of Visifire here.

Thanks for listening,

Team Visifire

Comments

1. Lou
    October 24th, 2008 | 9:36 am

I have downloaded your latest visifire files and I have the latest Silverlight plug-in but I am receiving an error:

installed version Silverlight 2 RTW (2.0.31005.0)
    requested version 2.0.30523

Please help!

2. Chirag
    October 24th, 2008 | 11:44 am

Hi Lou,

I think your query has been addressed here: http://www.visifire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=320

Regards
    Chirag

3. October 24th, 2008 | 4:50 pm

Hi, I have this visifire chart that I made before silverlight 2 for my website. Now that Silverlight 2 is out, I have installed it locally on my machine but I think silverlight 2 beta is still what is installed on the hosting company’s server. In that configuration, the chart does not work and it is understandable so I downloaded you latest release and put the js and xap files on the website overwriting the old ones.

When I first went to see the chart, I saw the loading percentage thing before the graph is actually shown but it then became white… everything is white. Should I ask the hosting company to install Silverlight 2 (non beta) on the server ? is this why I am getting the white screen?

for an example of what I mean, go to: http://www.theatricalracing.com/Results/Default.aspx

and click on the “View lap by lap graph” link

4. October 24th, 2008 | 6:50 pm

David

I just tried your site and it works fine!

5. October 24th, 2008 | 9:00 pm

… I don’t understand…

I have tried it on 3 different computers where silverlight 2 was freshly installed and each time, all i see is a white box inside that popup.

You see the multi-line chart with the black background ?

6. Chirag
    October 25th, 2008 | 8:42 am

@David,

1. Silverlight is a client side plugin & there is no need/use to install it on the server.

2. Couple of other users have also reported similar kind of issue. We are working hard to fix it. You find the thread here: http://www.visifire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=318

3. I tried your site & encountered the same problem – after loading 100% the chart went blank. Could you please start interacting with us on the above mentioned thread. Your test case will help us in nailing the bug faster.

Regards,
    Chirag

7. Chirag
    October 27th, 2008 | 1:22 pm

@David,

We have fixed the bug.

Find the internal release files here:

Binaries: http://www.visifire.com/downloads/not_released/visifire_v1.5.2.zip
    For Silverlight Applications: http://www.visifire.com/downloads/not_released/visifire_v1.5.2_for_managed_code.zip

Charts are working fine here for all test cases. Please update the binaries in your website let us know if you still face the problem.

Regards,
    Chirag

8. October 27th, 2008 | 1:34 pm

Thank you ! it’s working now ! Great work !

9. Dmitri Rechetilov
    October 29th, 2008 | 7:01 am

Hi Chirag,

Sorry, but after installing the new updated v1.5.2 release I don’t have the tooltipstext appear any more (I have it added to the series) :(.

The v1.5.1 has the tooltips appear correctly for the same xaml. You can ammend SampleChart.htm (that’s in both zip files) to verify this:

+ ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”
    + ”;

As for v1.5.1 I found that it appears to have a limit as to how many series it can cope with, which it looks like it depends on the user’s pc… This is more apparent in IE7. On some the limit is 3 series, on others it’s about 12. I wonder if this is caused by some kind of overflow error?

Regardless of that I believe Visifire is a brilliant tool, and I’m glad to have the opportunity and privilige to be using it.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dmitri R

10. Dmitri Rechetilov
    October 29th, 2008 | 7:04 am

Damn, I think this post striped all the tags… I just added ToolTipText=”whatever” in the DataSeries line, it’s easy to find.

11. 1
    October 29th, 2008 | 10:47 am

why not has visifire for wpf?

12. Chirag
    October 29th, 2008 | 11:42 am

@Dmitri

I apologize for the bug. Few others have also complained on tooltips. We are fixing it. You should have a release with the fixes by the end of the day.

@1

We are working on Visifire 2.0 which inherently supports both WPF & Silverlight. You may have to wait for 2-3 weeks for it to hit public.

Regards,
    Chirag

13. Chirag
    October 29th, 2008 | 3:54 pm

@Dmitri

Below is the release with fix for tooltips & Javascript events.

Binaries: http://www.visifire.com/downloads/not_released/visifire_v1.5.3.zip

For Silverlight Applications: http://www.visifire.com/downloads/not_released/visifire_v1.5.3_for_managed_code.zip

As for as series issue goes, we were unable to reproduce, could you please elaborate a bit more on it.

14. June 30th, 2009 | 1:50 pm

I have created some graphs local they display perfectly but now that I’m trying to display them on the server I just get a white background I have downloaded the last fix but the problem continues.

thanks