Visifire 4.0 is out of beta! Please refer to this post on whats new in Visifire 4.0. The current release boasts of improved looks & contains fix for bugs listed below:
- If ViewportRangeEnabled property was set to True in AxisY and all AxisLabels were displayed in AxisX, Chart was not scrolling as expected.
- Before the initial animation completes, attempting to remove the existing DataSeries from Chart threw exception.
- In StackedColumn100 and StackedBar100 charts, if YValue of a DataPoint was set to 0 then #Percentage as modifier in LabelText and ToolTipText for that DataPoint was not formatted correctly.
- If DistanceFromScale property was set to 1 in BarIndicator, Circular gauge threw exception.
You can download Visifire v4.0 GA here.
And there came Windows Phone 7 (WP7). WP7 applications were to be written in Silverlight. We soon released WP7 charts. Everyone was happy. Soon started the GPL & WP7 Marketplace confusion. We started to feel the heat – our help desk was inundated with queries from users who were not sure if they could use Visifire in their applications. Lost several customers to “commercial only” competitors. One couldn’t have used Visifire in WP7 applications as it is GPLed. Microsoft has explicitly mentioned GPL in the excluded license. Refer: Section 1.l & 5.e of Windows Marketplace Application Provider Agreement. With Microsoft partnering with Nokia the space could only get bigger & better. We could no longer continue losing users & customers. We succumbed & dropped GPL!
Today Visifire is released along with following new features
- Now Visifire supports MouseRightButtonDown and MouseRightButtonUp events in Silverlight.
- A new modifier, #LegendText is now applicable for ToolTipText and LabelText properties.
This release contains fix for the following bugs:
- 3D Charts were not rendering as expected if AxisMinimum property in y-axis was bigger than all DataPoint’s YValue.
- Sampled broken Line was not rendered properly if YValue property of a DataPoint was set to NaN.
- In StackedArea and StackedArea100 chart DataPoint label was getting displayed as NaN if YValue property was set to NaN.
- Custom value for AxisMinimum and AxisMaximum properties were not working if all DataPoint’s YValue property was set to 0(zero).
You can download Visifire v4.0.0 beta2 here.
Hope you like the latest release introducing Gauges. We also announce some licensing changes with Visifire 4.0.
Hundreds of Thousands of users have used Visifire at no charge for past 3 years. The growth in usage has been phenomenal & we think Visifire has helped many in their charting needs. Our investment in conceiving, and continuously advancing Visifire to where it is today has been substantial and we’re proud of the contribution that we are able to make to the community. Given the ever-increasing popularity, growing support costs, and the need for continuous product improvements, it is no longer feasible for us to offer Visifire at no charge. Version 4.0 onwards Visifire will no longer be free & open-source. This should also bring a great relief to all WP7 app developers who were finding it difficult to list their apps which use Visifire in Windows Marketplace due to Microsoft’s stance on GPLed apps. All previous versions of Visifire remain open-source & can be used at no charge as long as you conform to GPLv3. We’ll continue to support the previous versions till we find it feasible.
Download Visifire 4.0 Trial here. It contains all features of full version but with a tiny watermark saying that its a trial edition.
We know that this sudden change will cause pain for some people in the Visifire community, and we apologize for the change in policy. As always, your feedback is important to us. Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section below.
We are pleased to announce the release of Visifire 4.0 beta. As the title says Visifire adds Gauges to its quiver already filled with wide range of charts. Visifire supports Circular & Linear Gauges. It also provides many ready-to-use templates to achieve the looks you need – Speedometer Chart, Dial Chart, Angular Gauge, Thermometer to name a few. Play around with the Gauge Designer here to try Gauges hands-on. Showcased below are some Silverlight Gauge samples.
Checkout wide range of gauges in the Gallery below:
Visit this post to create your First Silverlight Gauge in minutes.
Great news! All Enterprise Licensees will get Visifire Gauges at no charge.
Download Visifire 4.0 Trial here. We are very excited about this release & hope you like it. Let us know your feedback. We are all ears. Follow @visifire for tips on Silverlight, WPF, WP7 Charts & Gauges.