Microsoft has announced that the forthcoming version of its Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, has brought over 500 new features, most notably:
- Search – location specific, visual voice music search.
- Dynamic – more control over live tiles.
- Social – social networking with Linked In and Twitter.
- Web – better browsing with hardware acceleration and IE9.
- Groups – group people together friends, colleagues, family.
- Multitasking – switching between apps is now a breeze.
Microsoft is accepting and certifying Mango apps through the App Hub, new and existing titles optimized for Mango features will begin publishing soon.
We are happy to inform that our Visifire controls are Mango compatible. This means your WP7 applications using Visifire can make use of new features like multitasking and hardware acceleration, with which they will not only work faster but also make the user experience better.